The following are some tips for writing food minutes”
- Use the agenda to format the minutes
- Where possible, the note taker should not be a meeting participant. If necessary to be a participant, allow time to properly record the proceedings.
- Keep minutes brief and to the point. It should only reflect a snapshot of the meeting and not a recording of every word said.
- Attach any documents distributed at the meeting.
- Type the minutes as soon as possible
Be sure to check your draft for errors and when possible have another committee member check the draft for you. Then correct any errors and re-transmit the final document to the entire committee. Remember the minutes will be approved at the next meeting so any mistakes will be noted at that time.